Save Your Teeth With Quality Cavity Treatment in Aurora
Getting a cavity can be painful, but it is sometimes unavoidable. Cavities are small holes in the teeth caused by tooth decay. To prevent possible tooth loss, a cavity treatment in Aurora may help. If you are considering getting one, here are some things to keep in mind.
Causes of Cavities
In most cases, tooth decay is the main reason for cavities. Here are the things you should be mindful of if you want to avoid cavities.
- Sugars – Bacteria love to consume sugary food and drinks. Too much sugar in your teeth can result in damaged enamel, which leads to decay.
- Bacteria – They are known as the main culprit for gum diseases and damage to teeth. If bacteria in the mouth has increased in numbers, dental cavities can form.
- Medical conditions – there are medical conditions that can increase the risk of cavities.
Symptoms of cavities
Do not ignore the warning signs because sometimes you won’t notice the signs. It is essential to consult your dentist immediately if you have observed the following.
- Sensitive teeth
- Black and dark spots on your teeth
- Bad breath
- Bitter taste in your mouth
- Sensitive teeth on hot and cold food and drinks
How can your dentist help?
A regular dental checkup can help treat the early signs of cavities. The treatment of cavities will depend on the severity of your condition. Here are the following options your dentist may recommend.
- Extraction – when the decay is worst, your tooth needs to be pulled out to save your other teeth.
- Fluoride treatment – when the cavity is in its earliest stage, applying fluoride can help restore the enamel of your teeth.
- Crown – you will need a crown when your tooth becomes weak. Your dentist removes the decayed area and replaces it with dental caps.
- Tooth fillings – help in the restoration of your teeth using porcelain, resins, or amalgam.
- Root canal – this procedure restores your tooth by removing the pulp and replaced with fillings.
It’s time to take care of those cavities. Schedule an appointment today with your Aurora dentist and let the experts help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile!