Your Easy Guide In Getting Dental Sealants in Aurora
For many people, dental sealants in Aurora can be a great relief. They play an essential role in keeping your teeth healthy and strong. Moreover, they protect your teeth from cavities. This blog post will cover everything you need to know about dental sealants.
What are dental sealants?
Bacteria can be found anywhere, including on your teeth. They can cause tooth decay and can lead to cavities in your teeth. Usually, these cavities can start in the grooves of your teeth, where food particles can easily stick. These thin plastic coatings seal the surfaces of your teeth. This protective treatment offers you many benefits.
- Easy application
- No complicated procedures involved
Candidates for Dental Sealants
Usually, dentists recommend getting the procedure for children ages 6 and 14 where molars have already emerged. For adults, as long as the molars are in good condition and without signs of tooth decay, they are good candidates.
How does the procedure work?
If you are wondering about the dental sealants procedure, here’s how your dentist will administer this painless procedure :
- The dentist will clean your teeth thoroughly to eliminate any food debris.
- In addition to cleaning your teeth, she will apply a small amount of bonding gel once they are dried.
- Then, your dentist will put the sealant on the surface and in the cracks of your teeth.
- To cure the sealant, she will use a blue light to ensure that the adhesive will harden and bond effectively to your teeth.
The entire process will take just minutes and will not take a whole day. Afterwards, you can continue with your routine.
Getting dental sealants is a relatively inexpensive way to protect your teeth from cavities, decay and other dental problems. Schedule an appointment with your Aurora dentist to find your best options!